Saturday 21 November 2009

Bob Proctor Does Not Subscribe to the 'R' Word

"Recession Is Not A Concept We Subscribe To"

I was there bright and early, very early - 7:30am. So as I usually enjoy doing, I started talking to people to learn more about them, their passions, and what they do for a living. I started a conversation with Andrew O'Brien, a sales professional for the Bob Proctor group. I asked, "do you think the current economy will have an effect on your business?'.

My question was greeted pleasantly, and almost with amusement. Andrew essentially replied, 'we don't use the word or believe in 'Recession'. 'Regardless of whatever is going on in the economy, there are always people and businesses that can make a lot of money regardless. We stay focused on how we're going to succeed and go after those possibilities'. The focus in his eyes, and the smile on his face told me this was more than a cliche, Andrew O'Brien really believed it.

If you are familiar with the Bob Proctor group, you know their organization is highly dedicated to assisting their clients and organizations build wealth. If you don't know of them, I'll share that they are a fantastically credible organization. Bob Proctor has spent 40 years in the self-growth and development field and when you listen to him talk, he's every bit a focused, charismatic, and highly intelligent businessman that anyone who respects success has to admire.

What Did I Get From The Day?

Personally I do follow economic trends to understand consumer and business behavior. I enjoy watching the patterns of how companies and industries rise, stagnate, or fail simply because each stage holds lessons that allows me to grow and help my clients.

What was invaluable about the day was a reminder of what I've seen independently, 'that regardless of the economy there will always be people and businesses that massively grow'. There is an interesting relationship between what we think about and what we see in the world. As an example, have you ever looked for a particular model and color of car? Within a matter of days and weeks it seems these cars that were no where to be seen on the road start materializing. They seem to be everywhere. All that changed was a person's ability to see what was already there.

Professionally speaking, I've seen the same with myself and other companies. When an organization focuses on all the 'downturn factors' they find lots of reasons why things are bound to be a struggle. However when a business focuses on why they are different, the value they bring, and have a powerful belief they are going to grow regardless of how hard they have to work for it... they do!

At the end of that Saturday, my shoulders felt lighter and my smile was brighter. I was glad for the reminder that instead of focusing on how many companies are going out of business I and my clients are going to focus on how we are going to become even better at what we do and grow.

Article by Andrew Ballenthin, President of Sol Solutions. When you need to stand apart from your competition talk to Sol Solutions for your marketing, strategic planning, and operations streamlining needs. Passionate About Connecting Pieces. http://www.solsolutions.ca
http://www.communitymarketing.typepad.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Andrew_Ballenthin

No comments:

Post a Comment